- About CFLB
- Getting Started
- Success Stories
- Contact Us
Kids' Room Rules
Rules For Kids (And Their Parents)
CFLB parents will be happy to hear we now provide a dedicated Kids Room where your school-age children can hangout while you work out. This room is unsupervised, so here are a few key rules to make sure this works for kids, parents and everyone else.
- Kids must be at least 5 years old and able to sit quietly and be self-entertained without the need for parent intervention for the entire hour.
- Feel free to bring books, washable crayons/markers, homework, puzzles, DS systems with headphones, or other quiet activities for your kids. This ain't a play room, so that means no toys will be provided.
- Once your kid is in the room, they gotta stay put. Absolutely no kids on the gym floor at any time, for their safety as well as our members. It's up to you to make sure your child doesn't wander off and onto the gym floor.
- Our coaches are here to train you, not babysit your kids. If any conflicts between children come up, it's up to the parents to stop their WOD and handle it.
- If your child is crying or needs attention, drop the barbell, climb down from the rope, stop your WOD, and please take care of it. We promise not to make you do extra burpees.
- Some kids have too much energy to be confined to one room. Some like to climb walls, or furniture, or people. Some need to work on their sharing and cooperation skills. Some can turn a crayon into a lethal weapon. We love ALL kids, but if your kid happens to be one of these, you'll probably need to find somewhere else to take them while you workout. You know your kid better than we do; just use your best judgement.
- The Kids Room is a drama-free zone. Kids will be kids, but we expect their parents to act like the grown-ups they are. If too many conflicts and grievances arise between parents and their kids, we reserve the right to close the Kids Room and turn it into the Coaches' Minibar.
- This probably goes without saying, but you can't drop your kid off then head out for happy hour. Parents must be working out for their kids to use the room.
- No food/drinks except water allowed in the room. 1st graders and juice boxes? A dangerous and messy combo.
- Space is limited to 6 kids, first-come, first-served.
- Please don't bring your kid in if they're sick. Runny noses, coughing, pink eye, fever, head lice, that strange blistering rash that just appeared - whatever they've caught, we don't want to catch it too.
That being said: We look forward to meeting all your wonderful, adorable progeny who will certainly be inspired by your CrossFitting abilities. And let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions for the Kids Room.