- About CFLB
- Getting Started
- Success Stories
- Class Schedule
- Contact Us
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Posted by: gina
MESSAGE FROM CHAD ON CLASS SIZES
As you hopefully read in our August 30 member email, we rolled out class schedule changes on September 4th, primarily to help even out the class sizes in the evening. The biggest change here is that we implemented class size limits at 16 people.
This is a huge change for us and I want you all to know that my goal -- always -- is to make your CrossFit training experience as awesome as possible here at CFLB. Before we get into how it'll work, let me explain why we're doing this. We've been tracking class size trends for months now. Without a doubt, Mondays and Wednesdays were packed. The question for us became how do we get the right coach-to-athlete ratio, ensuring quality of coaching, without turning away folks from classes. After looking at class size trends, we rolled out the class schedule changes that went into effect on September 4.
IMPLEMENTING CLASS SIZE LIMITS
Starting tonight, we're going to implement class size limits. This will apply to all class sizes except Saturdays. For the next week, we're going to give this a try and see how it works. But, we are not going to turn anyone away this week. We'll just let you know that you would've been bumped to the next class.
There are two simple ways to sign up for a class.
Option 1) Check in in Person at the Kiosk: You can also log in as usual at the front desk kiosk. Log in as soon as you arrive to reserve your spot. For those of you who attend smaller classes or morning classes, you're probably good here with this.
Option 2) Reserve your spot online in advance. Based on member request, we're opening up reserving your spot online as a convenience to you. Many of you commute and don't want to drive all the way to CFLB just to find out the class is full. So here's how you can reserve your spot in advance.
- Reserving your spot. On the CFLB website in the upper right corner, you'll see a link that says "Member Log-in." Click on that and follow the instructions/prompts to reserve your spot. You can book a class 24 hours in advance or sooner. You can't book a class if it's farther than 24 hours out. You'll also be able to see if the class is full so you can adjust your schedule accordingly.
- Once you arrive, you still need to check in at the kiosk.
- Login: You can log in with the email you gave to us. If you don't know your password, use the "Forgot Your Password?" link to reset it on your own. If you have any problems with this, let us know. We're here to help.
- Waitlist: If the class is full, we've implemented a 6-person waitlist feature. Try that out and let us know how that works for you.
- Canceling your reservation: If you reserve a spot, you can cancel it within an hour prior to class with no penalty. If you cancel last minute or no show, it will count as one of your classes. A note about: On-line sign-ups is not the new way of logging in for class. It is designed for you as convenience when you are 100% sure that you will attend a class and allows you to see if the class is full. This is why if you reserve aclass and no-show it will count as one of your classes. So be cool to your fellow members and only reserve a class when you know you can make it; cancel within an hour of the class if you can't. It'll help people on the waitlist get into a class.
As I mentioned, the goal of this change is to ensure the highest quality of coaching and to continue to make CFLB as awesome as possible. Hopefully it all goes off without a hitch, but be reassured that we'll address anything that isn't working. If you've been around for awhile, you know that we're always changing and evolving, always looking at improving and doing things better.
If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to contact me directly at chad [at] crossfitlongbeach [dot] com.
CrossFit Long Beach
Workout of The Day
Thursday, September 20, 2012
4 Rounds for time of: