- About CFLB
- Getting Started
- Success Stories
- Class Schedule
- Contact Us
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Posted by: Chad
Whole Life Challenge Registration Closes tomorrow!
There is no late registration, so don't miss out.
Kickoff is this Saturday! Click here for more info on how it works, and CFLB prizes.
Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Sign Up Today
10) All those who sign up by September 13 will be entered into a raffle for two AMAZING gift certifications -- a one hour massage by Tamara's Therapeutic Massage in Lakewood and a $50 Delius Restaurant gift certificate. You must be signed up AND PAID to be eligible.
9) Beach Fun Play Day is this Sunday, September 17, 11:00AM and for WLC participants only. 11:00AM. Sign up at CFLB by Friday!
8) Family fun hike and picnic next Sunday, September 23, in Palos Verdes. There are also trails you can run up/down if you want to up the intensity. This is also for WLC participants. We'll be walking down to the tidepools, so hopefully it'll be low tide so we can find starfish, sea slugs, and other sea creatures.
7) You get tons of free stuff -- a free class at CFLB every week or skills sessions PLUS a weekend fun activity every week, raffles, and more -- that should be incentive alone!
6) No food logs! If you've done a challenge before, you know this is a giant pain. But in this challenge, you just log into the Whole Life Challenge every day by 3pm and log how you did the day before. It'll take 2 minutes.
5) Connect with the greater CrossFit community. Thousands of folks are doing this with us. It'll be encouraging, interesting and motivating to see how everyone is doing.
4) This Saturday's kickoff WOD does not count as one of your classes. It's yet another bonus!
3) Easy participation requirements. We're not looking for perfect scores. If the food requirements seem daunting, just sign up and pick one thing to fix. Cut out sugar. Cut out grains. Stop smoking. You choose. You may not win the event over all but the goal is to make a change that you can keep for a lifetime. Plus you get a bunch of cool stuff well worth the $45.
2) We're almost #1 in the most participants in the challenge. CrossFit 714 is beating us by a few people. We want to win! Aaron over there is talking a lot of smack about how awesome they are (and they're very cool peeps), but we just want to win. It's the CrossFit in us.
And the #1 one reason you should do this challenge...
All the prizes and activities aside, the Challenge is all about changing your life. We want you to get a new relationship to your health and fitness, develop new habits, get a little bit fitter, make better, more consistent life decisions... don't just do it to win prizes and get points. It's more than than that for us. Whole Life Challenge + CrossFit Long Beach = The New You!
Workout of The Day
Thursday, September 13, 2012
10 rounds of:
5 second handstand holds against the wall
10 second L-Sit hangs
100 single jump rope skips
10 second L-Sit holds on Rings or Paralettes
This WOD is not for time.