- About CFLB
- Getting Started
- Success Stories
- Class Schedule
- Contact Us
About CrossFit Long Beach
Where Everyday People Become Extraordinary Athletes
The 43rd CrossFit gym in the nation and the first one in Long Beach/Signal Hill to open its doors, CrossFit Long Beach (CFLB) has been helping everyday people transform themselves into high-performing athletes since 2005. Providing our members with a clear path to elite fitness: this is our purpose, our priority and our passion. What makes CFLB different?
Whatever your age or fitness level, we're here to make sure you realize your goals - whether it's to become a healthier and happier person, an elite athlete, or both. From the first moment you step inside our gym, you'll be coached, guided and challenged to reach the potential you never even knew you had.
We'll work hard to help you get the results you want. And if you're willing to work hard too, you'll see yourself getting stronger, faster, fitter and more skilled with every workout. You'll also see these results translated into your everyday life - with your family, your job, your sport, your daily tasks, your weekend fun.
But as we like to say, these results are earned - not guaranteed. You've got the personal commitment of every coach at CFLB to push you further than you ever thought possible. In return, we ask you to make a commitment as well - to show up, be patient, leave your ego at the door, bring your best game, listen, learn, be inspired and inspire others. So, you in?
The CFLB Creed
- I know that I will not master CrossFit or achieve elite fitness in a day. It will take an entire lifetime to learn. I will keep showing up. I will be consistent even when I don't feel like it. That is the key.
- Virtuosity means performing the common uncommonly well. I will master my body and the mechanics of movement, practice the fundamentals, then add speed and intensity.
- I promise to do my best. My best may vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute, but in that minute I will do the very best I can.
- If I can run, I run. If I have to walk, I walk. If I am forced to crawl, I crawl. And then I rest and live to fight another day.
- I fear no man but my workout. If I don't fear my workout, it is not hard enough.
- I may puke, I may cry, but I will not quit ever.
- I never cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory that I did not earn?
- I will check my ego at the door. I will have the courage, humility, and curiosity to ask questions and ask for help. I will be willing to be a student and a coach, to listen and share with others.
- So be afraid, be inspired, be angry, be strong, be weak, be passionate, be alive, be CrossFit! Welcome! You're about to find out what you are made of, and then some!